The Office of Distance Education (ODE) is your resource for all online and distance learning opportunities at Florida International University’s College of Engineering and Computing. The college offers graduate and undergraduate courses and programs online, and can be accessed anywhere and anytime. The US News ranked the college #48 for Best Online Graduate Engineering Programs, #139 for Best Graduate Schools in Engineering, and #162 for Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs. We provide students and professionals the freedom and flexibility to complete courses around their busy schedules. It is also a convenience to those who are not within driving distance of an academic institution. Students have the opportunity to continue their professional development, which plays an important role in the growth of engineering and high technology industries.
Most students must meet the same requirements and will earn the same credit as students who attend classes on campus. Many courses are available to degree seeking and non-degree seeking students. However, a non-degree seeking student who intends to seek admission to the program should be aware that no more than six (6) graduate or fifteen (15) undergraduate credits are allowed to be transferred into a program.
Academic Courses and Programs
Select graduate and undergraduate courses and degree programs are offered via online streaming video, fully online, and hybrid formats in the following departments/schools:
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Department of Enterprise and Logistics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
- Moss Department of Construction Management
- School of Computing and Information Sciences
- School of Universal Computing, Construction and Engineering Education (SUCCEED)