The Office of Distance Education provides faculty services for instructors that are teaching online, as well as resources to assist in designing and developing a distance education course. Best practices and university resources are also made available to enable the improvement of new or already developed courses into an experience that is of high quality, engaging, and successful.
ODE Faculty Services
- Assist in course content management/instructional design
- Proctoring/coordination of exams
- Pre-recording of ODE class lectures
- Classroom media support and equipment training
- Technical support of course delivery
- Returning of graded assignments and exams
- Faculty and student support services
- Arranging of web conference sessions
- Blackboard and instructional technology training
To setup a training session or for information on best practices when delivering a distance education course, please contact the Office of Distance Education.
Educational Technology Services (ETS)
Educational Technology Services is part of the Division of Information Technology. ETS provides access and support to the instructional technologies available at the university. Faculty and teaching assistants can use these services to enhance and improve student’s learning experiences.
ETS Resource Centers are located in both Modesto Maidique and Biscayne Bay campuses. There are faculty computer labs that grant one-stop access to tools, resources, and support from our teaching and learning professionals.
Instructional Designers are also available to assist you in planning and maintaining your web-assisted distance education course(s) as well as to provide assistance with the technologies that may enhance your classroom experience.