Academic Continuity Resources
For resources and support information regarding academic continuity or instructors teaching remotely, visit our Instructors Guide.
The Office of Distance Education (ODE) provides instructors and teaching assistants with one-on-one training, access to online learning tools, and support for educational and classroom media technologies to enhance the instruction experience and improve student learning outcomes. Currently we provide the following services:
- Canvas course design, maintenance and technical support
- One-on-one training and guidance for online learning tools (e.g., Zoom, Honorlock)
- Classroom technology support and troubleshooting of media equipment for lecturing, video conferencing, live-streaming, or MultiFlex/HyFlex instruction.
- Full-service course capturing or pre-recording of lecture videos
- Mediasite and Zoom video management (e.g., recording, video trimming, hosting)
- Coordination of custom face-to-face workshops at the Engineering Center or online group trainings
- Exam coordination and remote proctoring assistance
- Tech Fee Proposal consultation for classroom or other educational technology
- Virtual drop-ins and live chat support for any of the services listed above
If you are interested in any of these services, please use our contact form to inquire about them directly. Some services may be limited until further notice due to COVID-19.