Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I enroll in a Office of Distance Education (ODE) course?
- I enrolled in a ODE course, but I don’t have access to the lectures videos on Blackboard.
- Where is the ODE Office located in the Engineering Center?
- How do I access my ODE courses online?
- Who do I contact if I need technical assistance with my course or Blackboard Learn?
- Where are the ODE classrooms located in the EC Building?
- How do I watch ODE video lectures via FIU’s wireless network connection?
- What are the technical requirements for ODE courses?
- Who do I contact with any questions regarding grades, assignments, deadlines, etc.?
- How do I schedule ODE exams if I live out of the area?
- I don’t see my current ODE course on my Blackboard page?
- Do I need to visit the campus at any point for my course during the semester?
↑ How do I enroll in a ODE course?
New students must apply to FIU first. Current students can register online on MyFIU. For additional questions contact us or call Director, Mercy Rueda Schott at (305) 348-2801.
↑ I enrolled in a ODE course, but I don’t have access to the lecture videos on Blackboard.
If you enrolled during the add/drop period, it can take up to one full business day to gain access to the lecture videos. After one business day, please contact Support Services if you’re still having issues.
↑ Where is the ODE Office located in the Engineering Center?
The FIU ODE Office is located in the 2nd floor in Room EC 2435.
↑ Who do I contact with any questions regarding grades, assignments, deadlines, etc.?
Please contact your course instructor directly.
↑ How do I schedule ODE exams if I live out of the area?
Refer to the Construction Management ODE Policy and/or the College of Engineering and Computing ODE Policy regarding examinations. If you need to schedule an exam off-site, please refer to Exam Proctoring.
↑ I don’t see my current ODE course on Blackboard page?
If you add/drop a course on MyFIU, it can take up to 24 hours for the change to be updated in Blackboard. After 24 hours, if you’re still having issues accessing a course you changed during the university’s add/drop period, please contact Support Services.
↑ Do I need to visit the campus for my course during the semester?
Please refer to the ODE Policies and contact your instructor directly. Some courses may require on-campus visits for exams or presentations.