The FIU Office of Distance Education (ODE) is providing College of Engineering and Computing students with a central hub for all guidance pertaining to subjects of prime concern during the coronavirus pandemic. Visit the links below for COVID-19 information, resources, and remote services presently available at FIU (all links will open in a separate tab).
Updates & Resources
- Visit FIU’s coronavirus page and FAQs for the latest university updates.
- For additional updates and news, visit FIU/CEC/ODE social media accounts or view FIU News coronavirus updates.
- Having trouble finding the resources you need? Submit a Support Ticket with the Office of Distance Education for assistance.
- What to Expect for Fall 2020: Classes will be offered in four ways: in-person, hybrid, remote, or fully online – learn more.
- Having difficulty with your fall schedule?: Visit the AskCharlie site for additional information and to request assistance.
- Campus Repopulation: Read the PPP Guidelines for Repopulating campuses and regional locations.
- Panthers Protecting Panthers (P3) App: Non-invasive screening and community information sharing app developed by FIU, available August 17th on iOS, Android, and web.
- Campus Operations and Closures: For information regarding dining, shuttles, and gyms, visit the FIU’s FAQs and shopFIU.
- Housing and Residential Life: Visit the Fall 2020 Move-in page, or for questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FIU Events: Check out many of FIU’s virtual events on FIU’s Events Calendar or request an in-person event.
- Career and Talent Development: For remote career coaching, professional development, and more, visit this page.
- Senior Design Showcase: For updates, dates, and contact information visit the Senior Design Showcase page.
- Commencement: For updated information regarding Commencement ceremonies, visit this page.
- FIU Student Town Hall: The most recent (July 22nd) student town hall can be viewed on Facebook.
- Admissions: View the COVID-19 general admissions updates and FAQs or CEC’s Admissions page.
- Panther Success Network (PSN): Connect with FIU’s Success Team, such as Advisors, Success/Career Coaches, and Tutors.
- Advising: For remote undergraduate and graduate advising, visit CEC’s Academic Advising page.
- Tutoring: For remote tutoring opportunities, visit the Center for Academic Success (CfaS), CD-SSEC Tutoring, and CIS Tutoring.
- University Testing: For testing questions, such as SAT or CLEP, visit the Center for Testing website or email email@example.com.
- Veterans: Visit the Office of Veteran and Military Affairs, or for questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research: For general research updates visit the Office of Research and Economic Development (ORED) coronavirus page.
- International Students: For FAQ’s and resources visit the Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS), schedule a virtual appointment, or visit their Virtual Office.
Additional Support: Explore additional FIU support services available for students.
- COVID-19 Prevention: Visit the FIU Prevention and Containment FAQs and view the Infection Risk Reduction Flyer.
- COVID-19 Testing: If you may have been exposed or are having symptoms, schedule an appointment online for a free test.
- COVID-19 Case Reporting: To report a case, contact Student Ombudsperson, Sofia Trelles at email@example.com.
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS): Visit CAPS to schedule an appointment over the phone or via video conference.
- College Life Coaching: Offers undergraduate students valuable one-on-one personal support to achieve their academic and personal goals.
- Student Health Clinic: FIU’s Student Health Clinics are seeing students by appointment only or via Telehealth, to schedule call 305-348-8385.
COVID-19 in Florida: Visit the Florida Department of Health for information and data about COVID-19 in Florida.
- Emergency Aid: Students who are facing unexpected financial emergencies may request emergency aid.
- Student Finances: For questions related to tuition/fees, payments, or student finances, please contact Student Financials.
- Student Food Pantry: 10-pound bags of food are made available to current students in need by the Student Food Pantry.
- Give Now: To donate funds towards students impacted by the Pandemic, visit the FIU Strong website.
- CARES Act information: Read the CARES Act Report and Disclosure.
- Outreach and Assistance: Panthers Care is an initiative that seeks to improve student growth, success, and safety by creating a culture of care at FIU.
- Canvas Support: Submit an ODE Support Ticket, log in to Canvas and click the “Help” icon in the bottom left to chat with Canvas support 24/7/365, or call 305-348-3630. Access knowledge base articles.
- Zoom Support: Submit an ODE Support Ticket or visit Zoom Help Center FAQ’s.
- Honorlock Support: Submit an ODE Support Ticket or contact Honorlock Support 24/7. Student Privacy Statement.
- Laptop/Hotspot Loaners: Need a laptop or internet hotspot for your course? Request Equipment or view FAQs.
- Internet Access/WiFi: AT&T and Comcast are offering discounted internet access and free Xfinity WiFi.
- Remote Access/Software: FIU eLabs (software list), EIC Citrix Apps, access (H:) drives, or download Microsoft Office (free).
- EIC Help Desk: Submit a Help Desk ticket to get support for Novell, Citrix Apps, and other CEC technology issues.
- General IT Support: Contact the Division of Information Technology at 305-348-2284 or use the AskIT Service Portal.
- Remote Library Services: Visit the Library Services to support your remote learning experience or chat with a FIU Librarian.
Last edited: Aug 6, 2020