Frequently Asked Questions:
NOTICE: Visit FIU’s Coronavirus FAQs for answers to specific questions regarding operations, financial aid, grades, and more.
- How do I enroll in a Office of Distance Education (ODE) course?
- I enrolled in a ODE course, but I don’t have access to the lectures videos on the LMS.
- Where is the ODE Office located in the Engineering Center?
- How do I access my ODE courses online?
- Who do I contact if I need technical assistance with my course or the LMS?
- Where are the ODE classrooms located in the EC Building?
- How do I watch ODE video lectures via FIU’s wireless network connection?
- What are the technical requirements for ODE courses?
- Who do I contact with any questions regarding grades, assignments, deadlines, etc.?
- How do I take exams?
- I don’t see my current ODE course on the LMS?
- Do I need to visit the campus at any point for my course during the semester?
↑ How do I enroll in a ODE course?
New students must apply to FIU first. Current students can register online on MyFIU. For additional questions Contact Us or call Director, Mercy Rueda Schott at (305) 348-2801.
↑ I enrolled in a ODE course, but I don’t have access to the lecture videos on the LMS.
If you enrolled during the add/drop period, it can take up to one full business day to gain access to the lecture videos. After one business day, please Contact Us if you’re still having issues.
↑ Where is the ODE Office located in the Engineering Center?
The FIU ODE Office is located on the 2nd floor in Room EC 2435.
↑ Who do I contact with any questions regarding grades, assignments, deadlines, etc.?
Please contact your course instructor directly.
↑ How do I take exams?
Refer to the College of Engineering and Computing ODE Policy regarding examinations. If you need to schedule an exam because you live out of the area, please refer to Exam Proctoring.
↑ I don’t see my current ODE course on the LMS page?
If you add/drop a course on MyFIU, it can take up to 24 hours for the change to be updated in the LMS. After 24 hours, if you’re still having issues accessing a course you changed during the university’s add/drop period, please Contact Us.
↑ Do I need to visit the campus for my course during the semester?
Please refer to the CEC ODE Policy and contact your instructor directly. Some courses may require on-campus visits for exams or presentations.